This is an anonymous public participation project.
I am calling this project Living in the Dash. This project for an exhibition, is ultimately about sharing, growth, compassion and understanding. This is a project that surrounds people and their lives, people sharing their story.
They can talk about it, they can write it. They can tell their story as they lived it, or as they wish to have lived it. It can be as long or short as they wish. It can be a person’s entire life, or it can be what happened yesterday. Any names will be changed to protect privacy.
This is about trust and integrity and I can promise to protect yours with mine.
To participate you can:
- Send me a letter with your story. No return address as I will not be responding to Venus is Rising Box 32093 2151 Louie Drive Westbank BC V4T 3G2
- Come to my gallery during Westside Culture Days and record your audio there in a private space.
- Record an audio at home and during Westside Culture Days, drop that audio disk in my drop box at Julia Trops Gallery Westbank Shopping Centre. Outside of Westside Culture Days you can drop it at Westbank Blenz or send to the post box address above.
- Send me one of your diaries, letters you’ve never sent, or anything you want.
- You can include photographs or other visuals if you wish.
- There is no sensorship. If you sent it, it means it is important to you and will be honoured.
It is entirely up to you.
The result of this process I hope will be a healing one, for you, for me and ultimately for our community and our lives. I hope you participate.